Making use of our solid expertise in finance, investment and ship trading, we offer attractive project financing scheme for new building vessels. If you are from non-Japanese shipping company, you can still benefit from our scheme as bareboat charterer, PROVIDED your vessel is to be built by a Japanese builder.
What is JSIF scheme ? How it works ?
JSIF scheme is a project-finance based scheme where a shipping company is to bareboat charter a vessel owned by a special purpose company (SPC) set up by JSIF with investment from the shipbuilder and/or other involved parties. Click the slide below to go to the next one (total 2 slides).
- JSIF to establish a SPC to own the ship (one SPC per ship)
- SPC to place an order for the ship from a Japanese shipbuilder
- Japan Bank for International Cooperation (JBIC) and/or other financial institutions will be senior lenders, after due credit check of overseas shipping company
- The ship will be chartered out to the shipping company with a long-term bareboat contract and sold at maturity to repay the debt and equity
- Combination of senior loan by JBIC/banks with equity by shipbuilder facilitates the project's development and realization
JSIF, as facilitator of the deals, will
- establish SPC's
- arrange and coordinate the financing scheme
- manage the fund and daily operations
image on top : Sasebo Heavy Industries, Co., Ltd. Sasebo Main Works